Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What now? A week filled with adventure?

Life has been busy this week and I was too tired (or too moody) to record my adventures.
But here I am now, almost 1 week after my promise to keep this blog updated every few days.

Since last Friday, I have met friends for hot coffee on the SouthBank, I have eaten delicious foods, I have had long conversations, I have felt good, I have felt bad, and mainly I can't believe it's ONLY 1 week since I've been back to London. 1 week. It feels like it's been 10 years. How is this even possible??? :O

Anyway, let's get back on track.

I am looking into many things at the minute. I want to start a new course next year, to finally specialize in a department, in psychology. It's very hard to pick just one (MSc, PhD, etc, and just one university). There are SO many things I want to do, and I need to focus and decide on only one thing. And it's difficult.

Also, the thought that I'm unemployed is difficult too. Some days I just feel worthless. Some days I don't mind that much, because I see the bigger picture. Usually the bigger picture is hard for me to see.

Tomorrow morning I need to go to Croydon, and meet with the Probation Officer and an ex-offender that I am going to mentor, as one of my volunteering positions. Catch 22 is the charity that offers this service, and this would be my first case with them.
Needless to say, I am very stressed and I can only hope that things will go smoothly tomorrow.
Obviously I can't mention anything about the woman that I will be mentoring, but since this will be happening for the next 6 months or so, you should expect a mentioning again at some point.

What else?
I think that pretty much sums it up for this week. It has been focused on meeting friends and talking about all kinds of stuff, housekeeping, doing a bit of shopping, and surfing online, trying to figure out what my plan in life is going to be.  

No comments: