Monday, September 2, 2013

Summertime Sadness?

Again, it's been almost 2 months since I last updated my blog.

So, let's see...

I've been in Greece these 2 months (still am). I am back home, on vacation more or less, that just got extended. Yep, extended vacation.

As always, it took me some time to re-adjust. I think maybe that's why I posted that sad post in July. Whenever I come home, there is always a surge of sadness, nostalgia, and all sorts of issues that comes back to me, just like I never left. Weird, but true. Usually I rant and it goes away. This summer it was a bit more complicated than that, because of the fact that I kinda got stuck here, more than I intended. And more than I probably wanted to. I mean vacation is awesome, don't get me wrong, I love it. But when it's ALL you do for months on end, it becomes boring and stagnant. There is only SO much you can do, even if it's your home.

The highlights of those two months basically are the holidays in Spetses a beautiful small Greek island (link included for those of us curious enough to want to know more). My boyfriend and I stayed in this awesome hostel (the posh kind) for 4 days, and I can definitely say that it was one of the best holidays ever. The weather was kinda hot, as expected, but it was tolerated easily by being at the beach most of the day, and with the air condition in our large hostel room. If anyone wants to know more about the hostel, etc, please comment below, and I'd be happy to post a link :D

The other highlight, was a 4day trip to a friend's country home, in Evoia (near Athens) where we spent a few days relaxing and swimming. She is one of my best friends and I always have an amazing fun time with her :)

That was basically it, my holidays. The rest of the time I spent in Athens, hanging out with friends, and relaxing. And soul-searching perhaps.
How do I mean this?

I have found myself looking at old pictures, from my childhood, again and again, probably searching for something but I don't know what. All this time I spent here at home, it just makes me feel weird that I have to leave again. I want to leave, and I don't want to, both at the same time. So confusing :/

It's a very weird phase for me right now, and I don't even know where to begin. I think the best thing is just to go with the flow for now, and I'll see what happens next.



and since I was talking about summer, and all these thoughts of mine, this song comes to mind, hence the post title. Summertime Sadness by the lovely Lana Del Rey.

1 comment:

Vapid Vixen said...

Even if it is two months between, glad to see you're still posting. :)