Saturday, April 28, 2012

Back in England and sick with a cold

How awful can it get?
I got back in London last Sunday night, my trip was again an ordeal, just like when I was going to Rostov in the begging of April.
But I got through that! And then I had a relatively good week, except for the fact that I had to re-adjust to being alone, and also I felt a cold creeping up since Tuesday! And since Tuesday it's been getting worse and worse daily. Instead of feeling better, I feel like death xD
It started with a weird feeling in the back of my throat, in my tonsils. So I did a little home remedy, you squeeze a lemon and use the juice to gargle the area of the tonsils, and then you spit it out. That kills bacteria and shrinks the tonsils, if they get swollen.
Indeed I felt better for 2 days after that, BUT I got a runny nose!!!! and there is NO lemon remedy for that!! I took some pills that they have here, for sinus relief and stuff, but it didn't help much to stop the cataract of snot that was running for hours on end, even at night (AND I had classes at uni, to which I went to with a huge pack of tissues). Yesterday I was also coughing a bit, and this noon that I woke up (believe me I didn't want to get up, or get out of bed, or move any muscle, but the essays are not going to write themselves, and my deadlines are getting closer and closer) I was coughing like a horse that's about to die. I mean Oh my God that hurt! My chest hurts, my whole body feels like shit, like I got run over by a bus.

The weird thing is that my lips are swollen and my tongue hurts, it has some of that white.... I don't know the word, some of it's little bits are white and that huuuurts :'( but it's not a mouth ulcer, I know about those, but it's not it. Don't make no difference though, cause I still feel like crap!!!! Like a bag of dog crap someone sets on fire on another man's doorstep and then he steps on it. Something like that describes me perfectly right now. ..


I hate the fact that I can't stay in bed, and I have to write essays (It's my fault really, if I had done more during the Easter break, now I wouldn't have to... but what the hell, how writes essays on spring break?? LOL.)

2 comments:

NellieVaughn said...

Oh no, that doesn't sound like a cold at all. It sounds like you have a bacterial infection. You might feel like this for a couple of more weeks. Lots of vitamin C for you, fluids, chicken soup, and rest when you can.

~Danni~ said...

Thank you for the sweet advice Nellie :) I woke up on Sunday feeling a lot better, and today I feel perfectly fine!! No runny nose, no cough, no fever, nothing! I feel good again, but I will be getting a daily vitamin supplement with lunch, to help my immune system :)))
I am known for my speedy recoveries!! :)